Today I will be discussing a topic that every woman wants and that’s the super diet for glowing skin. Definitely, we all need to work on our mind, body, and wellbeing to feel happy and peaceful but with that, it’s also important to take some extra care about the way we look or appear to feel good and confident about ourselves.
Here, I am discussing something which I think all women look for and all women want and that is a glowing fresh skin. Now it is very natural we all live in cities and some of us who don’t live in the cities also have some pollution, live in artificial temperatures, bad lifestyle habits, eating habits or water that affects the skin.
After a certain age in our lives, we feel our skin isn’t glowing enough. Sometimes even young teen girls feel their skin isn’t looking fresh or lack that glow which is needed. What are the reasons? Of course, it is bad air conditions, bad lifestyle habits, and diet. Now we can’t fix the air conditions but we can fix our lifestyle and diet habits. And let me tell you a lot of things if we fix in our diet, can actually lead to a glowing skin.
So, what diet or lifestyle change should we make to get that glowing natural skin?
Here are a list of 6 things that you should do to get a glowing skin.
- Drinking water: I know this has been told to us right from our childhood but this works like magic. Drink a lot of water. Because water hydrates our skin. It cleanses our bodies. So eight to ten glasses of water every day is really going to help you to have a glowing skin.
- Keep your liver happy: The second thing which I would also recommend is that you should have a lot of foods which are good for the liver. Why the liver? The liver is a cleansing agent of your body. So if your body is cleansed and fresh that’s going to reflect on the state of health of your skin. Foods that are good for the liver are broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, avocado, garlic beetroot. Coconut water is another thing that is very good for the lever. It decreases the “pith” of the body and gives you a nice smooth glowing skin.
- Drink Vegetable Juice: Another thing that is very important is to have a vegetable juice in the morning. And that vegetable juice I call it as multivitamin juice really. Now, what would it have? It would have aloe vera two tablespoons, It would have Indian gooseberry (Amla) juice, which is about one teaspoon on gooseberry (amla) juice, It would have cucumber juice, and tomato in it. A fresh tomato that has been squeezed or juiced together, a little piece of ginger, just a wee bit of ginger. And you can put a little bit of wheatgrass juice also if you have wheatgrass juice available. And together this juice every morning if you have first thing in the morning empty stomach your skin will start showing the changes. This vegetable juice you can have every day or at least 3 times a week. You can also make your own multivitamin fresh vegetable juice a one that suits you best but the point is to have fresh vegetable juice in the morning.
- Have food on time: Yes for glowing skin it is important to have your food on time. Because if you don’t have your food on time, if you are hungry or starving, then the skin starts showing it first. Also not having proper healthy food on time makes us crave all the junk and unhealthy food. So you should have food on time, meals on time. Don’t try to like skip meals during the day and then have a big meal during the night. Because that is not good for the skin. Also at night don’t have too much salt. Because if you have too much salt then the next morning your face will be like puffy and that may not look good. Also Avoid drinking too much tea and coffee, eating too much sugar, avoid fatty or fried foods, and highly processed foods.
- Have enough protein: For our skin, it is very important to have enough protein because our skin is also consisting of protein. For vegetarians, you can of course have something like sprouts, or you can have peanuts. In Non-vegetarian you can have fish which is lean and chicken. You can have eggs but avoid eating a lot of eggs in summers but you can definitely include it more in your diet in winters. Then there are nuts and oilseeds. Things like almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds are also very great for the skin. So, during the winter you can have lots of these things because they are great for the skin.
- Use natural scrubs and masks: I know there are many face masks available in the market which makes it easier and more convenient for us but also sometimes try to make your own natural scrub and masks at home like papaya scrub, make a powder of petite yellow lentil (moong dal) and use it as a face scrub for your face, make a lip exfoliate with honey and sugar. Tomato is a natural skin brightening agent and is magical. Scrub your face with a tomato for that instant magical glow on your face before an event or party. So these are some things you can do to go natural as far as masks and scrubs are concerned. Also, Turmeric, honey, yogurt, and oatmeal are some good options for face masks.
So include this diet for glowing skin in your daily lives and also the natural fruits and vegetables for your skincare which you can find very easily available in your kitchen pantry and make your own schedule on how and when to use it. Also, drink a lot of water you can also keep a daily tracker for it and eat healthy food for that natural glowing skin. Avoid using too many chemicals on your face and instead, go for more natural ways.