Have you ever gone out of breakfast ideas or have you ever wondered different ways to use eggs apart from the same old omelette, boiled eggs, or scramble. Here i tried a savory french toast version of french toast with an Indian twist.
I normally eyeball all the ingredients measurements as cooking is like an intuitive thing for me and moreover who has the time to actually measure out everything. Trust me you can make it your own version and put all the spices according to your taste.
Ingredients: Savory Indian french toast
- Bread Slices
- Eggs ( 3 to 4 )
- Milk ( 1 or 2 tbsps)
- Onions, finely chopped
- Green chillies, finely chopped
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Chilly flakes or powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive oil/butter
- Mix and beat the eggs and milk.
- Add all the spices and salt one by one and mix everything together.
- Add all the veggies to the mixture and mix again. let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan with some oil/ butter.
- Dip one side of the bread slice in the egg mixture and then the other side for 6 to 7 seconds each.
- Slide each bread slice in the pan and cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve it with any sauce of your choice.
Simple and delicious masala french toast is ready.
- You can add any veggies of your choice but they should be finely chopped.
- Serve it with any tomato ketchup sauce. It elevates the taste of this toast.
” I can make the best french toast .Peter O’Toole