Since we all are staying at home these days it’s natural to indulge in a few bad habits. Like I know of talking to my friends how it has impacted our sleep habits or mostly sitting at home eating junk food and watching TV. One thing that I noticed in me was suddenly having sweet cravings. I don’t normally have a sweet tooth but I sometimes like to eat cakes that are not too sweet and filling. I went to pick some groceries last week and found this pack of swerve sweets gluten-free vanilla cake mix. Well what made me have a look at it was that it was a cake mix for carb-conscious people. Also it had zero added sugar, was gluten and grain-free and keto-friendly.
I thought of giving it a try and bought it home. The next day I read the instructions on the box which was easy to follow and made the gluten-free dessert vanilla cake. I made a few changes in the ingredients like added butter instead of oil and also wanted to keep it simple so dint add any icing to it.
Here’s the simple recipe for swerve sweets vanilla cake mix:
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup oil ( I used melted unsalted butter)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Packet of swerve sweets vanilla cake mix
- 8-inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8-inch pan and apply a parchment paper in it. I use parchment paper as it makes the cleanup easier.
- In a large mixing bowl put 3 eggs, ⅓ cup oil or butter, 1.3 cup water, and 1 tbsp vanilla essence.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, water and vanilla essence nicely in the bowl.
- Add baking mix to the wet ingredients and stir until combined nicely
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely and then run a knife to loosen the sides and bottom of the pan and remove the cake from the pan and put it on a wire rack or cake stand for frosting.
- Cake is ready to eat.
Swerve Sweets Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix Review:
I personally liked the cake as it was not very heavy and not too sweet. I actually felt it is a very good keto-friendly and diabetic friendly cake. Also it is filling without making you feel very full. It is a good option for carb-conscious treats and people who are on gluten-free diets.
You can also make cupcakes out of this recipe and can also add your favorite icing and toppings to it. This can be a quick cake recipe when you want to bake a cake for an occasion or just for a get-together. You can also have this cake with evening tea as it is light and goes well as a tea snacks. I have put a recipe for Ginger tea which goes well with his gluten-free vanilla cake mix.
I really like this cake mix and looking forward to trying there chocolate cake mix too.