I am today sharing a recipe for my version of “ginger tea.” This is homemade ginger tea and full of benefits. Tea is a refreshing drink that is taken in almost all the homes of India along with some biscuits and snacks. Tea time in India has a lot of importance right from marriages to big official discussions that are almost made around this tea time.
With having grown up with drinking tea all my life, I always failed in making it till a few years back when I learnt how to get it perfect. Here’s the thing, it looks very easy to make with just a few ingredients but it really needs the right instinct to make it.
But here am going to share a very easy yet refreshing version of my ginger tea which you can learn quickly:
This tea is also called masala chai or adrak chai in hindi and this recipe is for 2 people and takes anywhere around 12 to 15 minutes to prepare it.
- Indian Tea ( This can be found in Indian stores easily.)
- Cardamom cloves ( 2 to 3)
- Ginger ( 1 to 2 inch)
- Milk (1 Cup)
- Sugar ( 1 or 2 spoons)
- Wash the ginger and crush or grate it.
- Crush the cardamom pods separately.
- Take half a cup of water, crushed ginger and cardamom in the saucepan, and boil it on medium heat.
- Boil the ginger water for 1 minute and then put tea leaves in the water.
- Cover and boil the tea and ginger mixture for 2 to 3minutes more.
- Now you can see the water changing its color and you smell a nice aroma coming out of the water.
- Next put the heat on low and add milk to it. You can also add some water if you feel the milk is more. ( Milk quantity varies from person to person. Some like more and some like less.)
- Now this is an important step. Simmer the milk on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes and then on medium heat for 2 minutes. This depends on how much strong you want. You have to make sure that the milk is completely incorporated with the tea water giving a good color to the tea.
- We will add sugar in the end. Add it to the saucepan stir it and boil for another 1 to 2 minutes and then serve it. Or you can filter the tea in a cup with a strainer and then add sugar and stir.
- Ginger tea is ready.
Serve ginger tea with some biscuits and snacks.
This is a very easy recipe and has a lot of health benefits too. It helps in improving blood circulation and strengthens your immunity. It also fights the flu and one must try taking this in cold. It also relieves stress and pain.