Just when I woke up today I saw a lot of sun outside my window. Due to this whole quarantine situation, I have been getting up pretty late. I woke up had my detox drink and was chilling in my patio enjoying the weather. After some time I was hungry and was thinking of something to eat. But somehow was not in a mood to cook. So I went to the kitchen saw some fruits in my fridge and thought of making a healthy banana blueberry smoothie.
Smoothies are a good mood boosters for me. They are some best drinks when you are craving for some sweets or ice creams and is a very good alternative when you crave something sweet. Smoothies are very easy to make and all you need is a few ingredients.
I pulled out some blueberries and banana from the fridge and mixed it with few more ingredients and made this magic mind booster in a couple of minutes. This is so simple and quick that trust me you don’t really need a straight recipe for it as you can make this with almost anything you have and a blender. But, I would like to share how I made it so some of you who are new and want to try this can get a fair idea.
- Oat Milk
- Banana ( 1 Banana cut into 2 or 3 pieces )
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Protein Powder (Optional)
- In a blender put the banana pieces and blueberries.
- Add 1 cup Oat milk or almond milk to it.
- Add 1 tbsp honey, yogurt and protein powder.
- Now blend everything nicely for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep checking the consistency of the smoothie.
- Once you get your desired consistency remove in a glass and drink.
This is a very simple version of smoothie and all you need is a few fruits and milk. Try this out as it can be a meal on its own. Mostly smoothies consist of a lot of sugars but I like to keep it healthy by not adding processed sugars. I use honey or maple syrup only when I want to add more sweetness to it. Most of the time I make smoothies just without any sweet.
- Due to high sugar content most nutritionists do not recommend it daily. But it’s ok to have it once or twice in a week and daily if you making it in a healthy way without adding extra sugar.
- You can add your favorite protein powder to it which is totally optional.
- You can use oat milk, unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or any milk of your choice.
- Add more or less milk and yogurt depending upon the consistency you desire.
- You can add frozen fruits in smoothies as it helps to make it thick but I don’t like to add frozen fruits in my smoothies.
I really recommend this to people who want to have breakfast but are in a rush or someone who doesn’t want to cook like me today. This can be a really good option for breakfast or lunch. Blueberries have many health benefits and if you may have any questions you can see blueberries nutrition. Do try this smoothie while at home and see how it turns out for you.